Monday, September 22, 2008

The Vulnerable Girl

I hate having a car. I love having a car. I hate having a car. I love having a car...

Okay, I LOVE having a car. I love having the freedom to go anywhere I want to go and anytime I want to go. I love that I just had a craving for frozen yogurt, threw on some clothes, drove across town and satisfied my craving. I love going to the store, buying stuff and putting it in the car and taking it home. I HATE dealing with cars. I hate paying for gas, insurance and repairs and even more than that I hate being vulnerable and girly and not knowing how to fix stuff. On Saturday afternoon after running around shopping and having fun with my mom and Becky the "check engine" light in my car came on. I'm kind of a good girl (mostly because I'm terrified of car problems) so I went home and made plans to take it to the shop on Monday morning. This morning I got up EARLY on my day off, got ready and took my car to the repair shop to have my buddies Ed and Kevin check out the problem. Said buddies had my car ALL day and finally at 4 o'clock Ed called me to tell me that MY GAS CAP WAS NOT ON TIGHT ENOUGH. Yes, ladies, I got to pay $50 for someone to tell me to make sure to put the cap on tighter. I LOVE being a girl!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Bummer! Glad you had your car to take care of that frozen yogurt craving though. ;)