Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Tale of the Big Bad Meanine and The Annoying Checker Girl

Yesterday I was shopping at Target and I had my iPod with me so that I could be distracted by my favorite tunes while shopping. I also had the music as a "tool" to block out all the people I see when I go there. I always run into people I don't want to talk to or see and so I wanted to be "unavailable/unapproachable girl" as well. When I finally finished shopping I found what may be the most annoying checker in the history of the world. I HATE when the checker comments about the things that are in your cart. This girl was no exception. She commented about nearly everything I was buying and even asked me, “Did you have fun shopping?” No one has “fun” shopping at Target. Target is where I go to get all the random stupid things that I need in order to live: food, cleaning supplies, new pillows for the sofa, etc. “No, I did not have fun shopping”. Yet, still, she did not shut up. I couldn’t wait for her to finish and all it did was make me feel like Luke Wilson in Henry Poole Lives Here with that annoying grocery checker. I wasn’t mean and barely even spoke to her but still it made me feel like the big meanie that I am.

4 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Ok - I have fun shopping at Target. I think it is my most favorite store. It became such when we moved to Hawaii and I didn't have one. When you did "store locater" the closest one came up San Francisco - Hello! Not helpful! And now, living in the sticks the closest one is an hour away! Oh I miss Target!

kacee said...

I, too, have fun shopping at Target. Remember when we went there last - that was fun, right?

Angi Snyder said...

Was it the girl that has a scar from a trach tube? She is totally annoying. She asked me how old I was when I had my first baby.

Wendi said...

The girl Angi was talking about always asks me personal questions too! I try to be nice...but sometimes it's just too much!