Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not All Crackers are Created Equally

A couple of years ago I ate saltines and cheese nearly exclusively....ask Christina and Meredith and they can confirm. Pretty much since discovering that crackers and cheese do not contain any iron, and thus the ability to slowly kill me, I've tried to stay away but lately have had a craving for some yummy colby jack and a handful of crackers. So, I'm an adult...I satisfy other food cravings and so the other day when I was shopping at Target I found the cracker isle and picked up a box. I was trying to save money so I bought the generic brand TRULY believing that crackers cannot be that different. Not true. The Target brand "saltines" suck and I can't even eat the rest. Morale of the story: stick with what you know...the good stuff costs more money.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I'm a saltines cracker girl myself. And, yeah, you just can't buy generic crackers--they're icky. I'm glad to hear you've now learned this important life lesson. ;)