Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Thoughts for Today

I'm an emotional cripple. I'm stunted and demented. I'm watching TV right now and a commercial for Nights of Rodanthe comes on and I actually LAUGH out loud. It isn't just at home that this happens. Ask Julia, Shane or Kim...every single time I see this preview I start laughing. The logical intelligent part of me knows that this is not the appropriate response to that commercial but that's what happens when I see it. I can't freaking help it!

The final season of ER will be starting soon. HALLE-Freaking-LUJAH! I've been taking an unofficial poll for years trying to figure out who the HELL still watches that show but no one ever fessed up...I am happy to see that it will be ending this season. Maybe another helicopter will fall from the sky and take out the ENTIRE ER this time instead of just that tiny little annoying doctor.

Oprah kind of bugs me. I know. I know. This will make me even more unpopular than I already am but I don't love her. I don't hate her but I don't love her and I don't get why people think she walks on water. Anyway, the other day Red Head Chrissy and I were at the USU bookstore and I saw a copy of The Pillars of the Earth which I've been wanting to read but it had one of those *&^% Oprah's Book Club stickers. I walked across the store to make sure it was in fact a sticker that could be removed and not something imprinted on the actual book. It was a sticker so I bought it and have read about 200 pages (I removed the sticker the moment I walked into the house). I'm enjoying it very much -- despite the fact that O loves it.

Tina Fey is brilliant. I love her. I worship her. When I grow up I want to be her. She was unbeilevable on SNL last weekend as Sarah Palin. I've never seen/heard anything like that...ever.

This year the VMA's were RIDICULOUS! Totally unpolished. Completely unprofessional. The only good part was Pink. We fast forwarded thorough nearly all of it and I must admit that I have not felt that old in a very long time.

My brother Steve is cool. He's smart, funny, talented, charming AND he is the most amazing foot massager in the world. I used to pay someone in NYC a LOT of money to massage my feet to help with pain and swelling. With Steve all I have to do is buy him a Subway sandwich or dinner at Bombay House and/or give him a ride somewhere. I gotta admit...it's a really good trade.

3 comments:

Kris said...

FYI, I still watch ER and I hate Oprah.

Wendi said...

Yeah, I loved that SNL skit too. :) I even posted the link on my entertainment blog.

Kendra Leigh said...

yyyyuuuuummmm! Dinner at Bombay House! And I'm not a huge Oprah fan either. I mean, what's with having to have your picture on your magazine every single month? It's like she's starting her own religion- Oprahism. I mean, she does a lot of great things and has educated a lot of people, but c'mon, she's not God.