Monday, September 29, 2008

All the Names of Me

Angie, Angie everywhere. When I was growing up there were a lot of girls with my name. It has not changed. Not only are there a lot of us but also I have a lot of "names". Here are a few:

Angela...this really is my name but literally only a precious few can "get away" with calling me this: Jeff, Phil and Janet. That's it.
Angie...as far as I'm concerned it is my name.
Ang...those close to me call me Ang.
Ang Pang...college friends and other randoms call me this.
Angelique...old friends call me this.
Angelina...Cassie calls me this and I admit...I like it...the real Angelina is H-O-T.
Angelika...Emily called me this. I feel as if someone else at work does but the name isn't coming to me right now.
NY Angie...Red Head Chrissy calls me this to distinguish me from "Across the Street Angie".
The Other Angie...I kind of hate this one because it sounds so 2nd Rate but Willy calls me this to distinguish me from "The Original Angi"--my assistant. Yes, it is weird that my part time assistant has my same name. Even stranger that right now we are sharing an office during the remodel.

2 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

I feel loved that I am "close to you" to be able to call you Ang. You are too funny! All of my nicknames come from college and to be honest I don't think Derek knows a single one.

Angi Snyder said...

Hey, I was born first!
Angi