Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

My filter is broken and I don’t know how badly I want to fix it. I’ve been accused of being brutally honest many times in the past but I can usually control it. I never intend to hurt the feelings of those I care about but lately I’ve really had a problem “filtering” out the bad stuff. I’ve even started and ended a few conversations lately with, “Sorry, but my filter is broken”. Like I said…I don’t mean to hurt anyone so if I have I truly apologize.

Several times a week someone comments about my “Sound Effects” and today it happened again while I was driving in the car with Red Head Chrissy. I try really hard to not be so vocal with my “sounds” but it’s how I concentrate and it is really difficult for me to be completely quiet. It’s so bad at work that occasionally I hear Anna (who used to sit in the cube next to me) giggle to herself only occasionally making a random comment about my annoying little noises.

Last Saturday night I stopped by Costa Vida to pick up my dinner (I know a ridiculously pathetic way to spend a Saturday night…) and I pulled up behind an old mostly bald guy who was standing next to his car using a GIANT can of AquaNet to spray the back of his wispy tiny little hair! The best part was that I had to stand in line in front of he and his wife for 20 minutes while we waiting our turn at the restaurant as I desperately tried not to laugh out loud!

Red Head Chrissy and I were driving up State Street and saw these three teenagers with dread locks and HUGE backpacks walking up the street…as if they were backpacking across Italy or France instead of Orem, Utah.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!

My big sound effect is sighing (really loudly) at odd times--for no apparent reason. I guess just to break up the monotony or something.

Funny about the almost bald guy with the can of Aqua Net. :D