Monday, September 29, 2008

Rock the Vote!

I'm a Political Science nerd. I watch political shows on TV and I try to follow what is happening in the world but lately my middle name may as well be L-A-Z-Y because until today I was still registered to vote in New York. I've been meaning to go and get my Utah drivers license so that I could register here but I always seem to come up with an excuse to NOT do it. Well, last night I started thinking about how I was running out of time and so I looked it up on-line and discovered that I definitely needed to get it done this week. I did think for a few seconds about just doing an absentee ballot and voting out of New York--somewhere where my little vote would count but in the end I did the right thing, filled out the form and dropped it off at the County building. I must admit that it made me feel kind of giddy like I did in 1990 when I registered for the first time -- the day after my 18th birthday.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Good for you! Now do you want to tell me who to vote for?! I go back and forth on it almost daily...