Friday, September 5, 2008

Fall is Here and Ang is Happy

It’s been a rough summer. Eviscerating is the word I’ve been using but I’ve been accused of having read too many vampire books and being too dramatic so I’ll stop using that word. However, this week things have started to look a bit better. I have a few theories about why:

*Fall is here…no more heat, no more sweating and no more mosquitoes. I’ve been keeping the windows open and cuddling on my couch or bed with my blanket. I love Fall. I love warm days and cool nights. I love using the heater in my car in the morning and then rolling down the windows during lunch. I love sweaters and jackets and scarves and real shoes. Two more things about Fall that I love love love: Fall TV and last years Fall TV being released on DVD. Nothing is better than re-watching Michael run over Meredith over and over again. I miss my roommates for moments like this and the shrieking that my Meredith and Christina and I did last Fall when we watched for the first time but it is still a blast to watch it again. (I can actually still hear Teeny shrieking in my ear from that moment...)
*I have amazing friends. I know I have great friends…I’ve always known that but never in my life have I realized how important “my people” are to me. Thank you to everyone who rescued me in the last two weeks and helped me to be human again. Thanks especially to Kimmie who probably had better plans last Monday but dropped them to take me out to dinner and a movie to get my mind off my miserable little life. Thanks also to my Smart Cookie friends….how embarrassing was it to have TWO different people bring me cookies in the same day? Um…yeah. Nice. Also to the amazing peeps who left me a note and a cool treat the other night. I couldn't be more blessed. I love all of you!
*After years and years of cubicle life I finally got an office. Granted it is just a temporary space until the new area is ready and then I WILL have my OWN office that I can settle into but for now it is great to have a space with walls and a ceiling and the ability to listen to music! Ahhhhhhhhhhh I love it!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Well...it does sound like a vampire word. :)

I'm so glad you have friends that take care of you. (I've been worried about you.)

And congratulations on your office! Wahoo!!!

Kendra Leigh said...

Ah, sweating. I can't wait 'til I don't sweat every single freakin' day.

Miss you!