Thursday, September 18, 2008

Coming Home

Last week was my dear friend Mary's birthday. Mary and I have been friends since the early 90's and although we used to talk multiple times a day now if we talk a few times a year it is kind of a miracle. However, even if it is a few times a year it is still absolutely delightful when we do talk/e-mail or otherwise connect. I sent her a birthday message and this was part of her reply:

I love reading your blog. I laugh so hard. It brings me back to another life so many times. We were in DC this past weekend and oh how I love that city. I think I probably feel about DC as you do about NYC. It is home. How weird that it feels like home to me, but I think it always will. I guess I feel like DC is where I grew up.

How amazingly perfect? New York is where I grew up and where home will always be for me. Oh, and Mary, the fact that you signed your E-mail Mary Sunshine aka Kramer makes me love you even more than I already did...talk about take me back to when I used to call you "Kramer". Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Good times.

1 comment:

The Seaquist Family said...

Oh how I feel loved! I get my own blog? Aren't you just the cutest...too much for blog - got to switch to email.