Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Three Stages of Reading

I have three stages of reading:

Stage One: Reading everything in sight.
Stage Two: Only being able to "re-read" books--too distracted by other things to focus on new characters, stories, etc. Plus, how nice is it to pull out that book that makes you so happy and you can read again and again? Think Joey with The Shining and Rachel with Little Women..."Just how little are those women?"
Stage Three: Not being able to read at all--mostly sitting on the couch watching TV until I fall asleep.

Lately I've been stuck in Stage Two and even though it has been fun to re-read some old favorites it is nice that I have FINALLY moved back into Stage One. I started Hunger Games yesterday afternoon and am truly enjoying the process of discovering a new book.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your book. I finally broke down on started Harry Potter 7 last night.