Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sugar Wars

My sugar consumption was out-of-control! Other than not being able to eat my precious cookies I'd been eating everything else in sight and having no ability or desire to stop. So, last Monday I took drastic action. I was 100% perfect with ZERO sugar until Thursday when E-VIL Angi brought one of my very favorite treats to work and made me eat them. No, she didn't hold me down and stuff it down my throat but after 4.5 hours of smelling the delectable peanut butter bars I gave in and ate one and then another. I shared the rest and have been reasonably good since then but yes, I gave in. And I loved it.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Congratulations on your self control. I'm trying to cut out (or, at least, down on) the sugar as well. I continue to be of the opinion that if you're going to cheat, make it something you absolutely love. Good call. :)

merebuff said...

Umm yeah, sugar and I need to go on a break as well. My job is not helping