Saturday, October 25, 2008

Freaking Fracking Finger

My right index finger has had a rough month. It has spent most of the last 30 days in some form of Band-Aid or covered in cream. Here is a re-cap of the Finger Chronicles:

1. Cut it on a piece of glass. Bled for a long time. Angi saved me with a Band-Aid from the "Mom Bag" but I bled through that in a moment. Eventually the flow stopped but I now have a super sexy scar to remind me of the glass.

2. When "cleaning a spill from the oven" I burned the same finger on the heating element. Note to EVERYONE: do NOT put your hands in a hot oven--they will not come out the same. I burned myself on a Sunday and on Tuesday a chunk of my finger "fell off". I battled a slight infection but thanks to Robyn's antibiotic stuff it is now nearly healed and I have a second sexy scar to remind me of the Peach pie.

3. Last night when opening a can of corn for my dinner salad I REALLY cut my finger! I stood in the kitchen trying to apply pressure while blood pulsed everywhere wondering if I should call Katie for advice about length of time to wait before going to the ER. As this incident was just last night I don't have a scar yet but I'm betting it is going to be H-O-T.

Maybe next week I can have my finger amputated.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Ouch!!

Angi Snyder said...

It's just a finger. You know my rule, if it's not on your face, or an artery, no ER. And if you are a boy, meh, scars are cool.