Monday, October 27, 2008

Oops I Did It Again...

If I could just come to terms with the fact that I'm dumb then I'd be so much further ahead of the game--I'd also be a lot less surprised of my stoopidness, eh? However, I continue to amaze myself with all the silly things I do and so here is a re-cap of my latest forays into early dementia:

Exhibit A: I bought tickets to the movie on Fandango as I DO nearly every weekend. I even printed the confirmation page and put it in my purse. Then, I met my friend at the theater and pulled the paper out of my bag to get the tickets. Apparently, I didn't print the right one...for some reason I grabbed the one sheet w/o the confirmation number. No worries, I swiped my credit card and received the message, "There are no tickets saved with this card". I swiped again and received the same message. No worries...I pulled out my handy dandy phone with E-mail so I could get the confirmation number but there wasn't Wi-Fi at the theater so that didn't work. I finally reached the end of my frustration rope and bought two more tickets. As soon as I sat down in my seat I realized that Fandango has my debit card saved in its system NOT my credit card. So, basically I paid $35 to see a movie I had no desire to see. Oy!

Exhibit B: Just got a message from Netflix telling me that they were sending Brothers and Sisters, Season 2 disc 4. WHY, OH WHY can't I take five minutes to update Netflix so that they stop sending me stuff I have seen? Oy vey. I just made a promise to myself to update Netflix as soon as I finish this post.

Exhibit C: Needed a book. Was dying for a new book. Went to Borders looking for a book. Looked at The Glass Castle which many people have told me is fantastic but it looked a little too tragic for my current frame of mind so I left it on the shelf and picked up a Jodi Picoult. Apparently, My Sister's Keeper was NOT the first Jodi Picoult that I'd ever read. I read The Pact years ago and am now reading it again. Oh, and what's more depressing and/or tragic than a book about two teenagers who make a pact to kill themselves? Why didn't I listen to Kendra and the dozen other people who told me to buy the other book? I'm so sick and tired of re-buying the same books. Amen to my own Oy.

Exhibit D: It's impossible to "run into the office for five minutes" on my day off. Five minutes can and does so easily turn into two hours. No more. No more. No more!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Poor, poor Ang. I'm sorry about these frustrating little incidents that keep occurring in your life. It's really not because you're dumb, though. It's just life. Stoopid ol' life. :)

Angi Snyder said...

But, you got to see moi!

Kendra Leigh said...

Yes, The Glass Castle is a bit tragic & heartbreaking, but the fact that she pulled herself out of it is AMAZING (and inspiring), I think.

Sorry for the other mishaps...

kacee said...

Read the Glass Castle!