Friday, October 31, 2008

Planet of Regret

Sometimes reality bites and so to celebrate the last day of October 2008 here are a few of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite films:

Troy: You been up all night? I’m picking up some very strange vibes. Some of the ‘I just got laid variety’.
Lalaina: Agh
Troy: Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water or was it his in depth analysis of Marky Mark that finally reeled you in? I would have just liked to have been there to watch how you rationalized sleeping with a yuppy head cheese ball on the first date.
Lalaina: He’s not a yuppy.
Troy: He’s the reason why Cliff’s Notes were invented.
Lalaina: Wow! That pales in comparison to the tweaked out little skanks that you date.

Lalaina: I’ve never been so glad to see someone in my entire life. This day has been the biggest nightmare. These job interviews, the word vivisection, a staggering understatement. Can you define irony?
Troy: It’s when the actual meaning is the complete opposite of the literal meaning.
Lalaina: Where were you when I needed you today?

Vickie: I’m just beating them to the punch.
Lalaina: Okay.
Vickie: You don’t even know. I’m sitting here, maybe, probably dying of AIDS and I’m totally alone.

Lalaina: Vickie…you’re not alone. I’m sorry for everything I said. And I’m sorry for being such a bitch but I have to tell you you’re not alone and you are not dying of AIDS.
Vickie: You don’t understand. Everyday, all day it is all I think about, okay. Every time I sneeze it’s like I’m four sneezes away from the hospice. And it’s not even like it’s happening to me. It’s like I’m watching it on some crappy show like Melrose Place and I’m the new character and I’m the new HIV AIDS character and I live in the building and I teach everyone that it’s okay to be near me. It’s okay to talk to me. And then I die and there’s everybody at my funeral wearing halter tops and chokers and stuff.
Lalaina: Vickie, stop. Just stop. You’re freaking out. And you know what, you’re going to have to deal with the results whatever they are. We will have to deal with it, just like we’ve dealt with everything else.
Vickie: It’s not like everything else.
Lalaina: I know, alright, but it’s going to be okay, you know. I know it’s going to be okay. And Melrose Place is a really good show.

Michael: You look beautiful…you look…
Troy: Like a doily.
Lalaina: I’m going to change.
Michael: No, don’t change.
Troy: And don’t go thinking for yourself either, L.
Michael: Hey, what is your glitch?
Troy: My glitch?
Lalaina: You know what…we’re already late…
Michael: Do you have a problem with me or something? Let’s just get this out. Have I like stepped over a line in the sands of coolness with you? Excuse me if someone doesn’t know the secret handshake with you.
Troy: There’s no secret handshake. There’s an IQ pre-requisite but there’s no secret handshake.

Troy: You don’t know what she needs.
Michael: I know what she needs in a way that you will never know.


Lalaina: I just don't undertand why things can't go baack to normal at the end of the hour like on the Brady Bunch.
Troy: Well, because Mr. Brady died of AIDS. Things just don't work out like that.
Lalaina: I was really going to be something by the age of 23.
Troy: The only thing you have to be by the age of 23 is yourself.
Lalaina: I don't know who that is anymore.
Troy: Well, I do. And we all love her. I love her. She breaks my heart again and again. But I love her.

I've saved the best for last:

Troy: I have this planet of regret sitting on my shoulders. And you have no idea how much I wish I could go back to that morning after we made love and do everything differently. But I know that I can't so I thought that I would come here and tell you something and what I wanted to tell you was that I love you. And I just wanted to make sure that it was clear so that there wasn't any confusion. So anyway...where are you going?
Lalaina: To look for you. I wanted to see if you were okay.

Best apology ever! Great music! Good times!

3 comments:

Cali said...

What show is that from?

Ang said...

Reality Bites

Angi Snyder said...

Love it! Setting out the cd for you right now...