Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baking Queen


Thanks to a quirky little movie called The Waitress and an even quirkier show named Pushing Daisies I've been a little bit obsessed with pies. Thinking about them. Making them. Eating them. Other than my sometimes orgasmic (according to Paul) cupcakes I don't usually eat what I make and even with the cupcakes I can usually only eat one. Last week I started experimenting with pies. I made a DELICIOUS Butterscotch pie (from scratch) and just between us ate the entire thing--by myself. Last Saturday I made two peach pies and took those over to Bob and Shauna's...where my family dined on them. Then, on Sunday I made two chocolate peanut butter pies. I took one to a friend's house and one to work. I didn't try the peanut butter pie but I heard it was good. I was mostly satisfied with the peach pie but the shell was kind of soggy and I hate soggy food so I ate the pie part and left the rest alone. I even took a picture of one of the peach pies and the super duper cute little apron that Kacee gave me. I've never had an apron and I LOVE it! Thanks, K.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I continue to be exceedingly impressed with this new development. And now you have your very own apron too... :)