Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Mom Bag

Even though I'm not a mom I used to have a "Mom Bag". You know that magic bag that contains a little bit of everything. I think I had to have one in NYC because I never knew quite what I would need to get through the day. However, since I've lived here I've tried to use a smaller bag and have put my big bag away. Thankfully for Angi and her "Mom Bag" I've been saved twice in a week. Last Tuesday, I had a WEIRD food allergy to something in my lunch and within minutes was itching all over my legs and feet. I tried to keep it to myself but eventually I said something and without even responding verbally, Angi pulled out a handful of Benadryl and handed the pills to me. I told her I just needed one but she said, "take them--you'll need them later". I was ridiculously grateful later that night when I ended up taking two more and going to bed at 7 p.m. Today, I had another incident where I cut my finger with a piece of glass. Blood was pulsing and Angi once again pulled out THE BAG and had a box with a variety of Band-aids. Thank you very much for the mom bag--it rocks!

5 comments:

Wendi said...

That's one impressive bag. I'm a mom, but apparently not a very prepared one...

kacee said...

wish i could get a grasp on the mom bag...i can never quite pull it off.

Angi Snyder said...

I'll help you Kacee. You never know when you may need an ace bandage clip with chocolate on it, a princess necklace, or a large fake spider. The benadryl and bandaids are handy too.

sweet pickles said...

Hey there! I need to re-link your blog to mine (with a link that actually works) so I do better at checking your blog. It's most entertaining!

Cali said...

Thanks Ang! :) I hope you're having a great day off!