Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not so New

Okay, picture this. Last night I got home from Mike and Kacee’s at 11ish after a very exciting night of Eric, Timmy and Charlie. I got ready for bed and curled up with my “New” Myron Bolitar book--excited to read for a few minutes before falling into my nightly coma. Now, let’s back up to Saturday afternoon…I was desperately in need of a good new book and so I went to Borders to pick up the book that Kacee and Amie told me I must read (more on that later) and of course they didn’t have it but I still needed a book so I browsed for a minute and saw that on the “New Hardcover” shelf there was a Myron Bolitar. I love love love the Myron series so I grabbed it without even thinking about it but then ended up getting distracted the rest of the weekend and so didn’t start it until last night. Okay, back to Wednesday night at 11:30. I’m in bed…so excited for my new book, excited to see what Myron, Win and Esperanza are up to and really just needing a distraction. I opened the book, read the first few paragraphs and discovered much to my dismay that I FREAKING ALREADY HAVE THIS BOOK! I was so tired but I got out of bed, stumbled to the living room and sure enough…there it was, sitting on the "Harlan Coben shelf". So, I stumbled back to bed and looked at the “published” date. Yup, originally it was published in paperback in 199_whatever and in September of 2008 published in hardback. ANNOYING!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

That IS annoying. I just re-organized my bookshelves and realized I double bought a book as well. I hope you find another good book to read soon.

kacee said...

Read Hunting Games, read Hunting Games!