Friday, April 30, 2010

Perfectly Unexpectedly Wonderful

A week ago tonight I took a much needed little trip home for a few days. I had originally planned on meeting Meredith and having a fabulous time running all over and eating at all of our favorite places. However, as blogged about earlier plans change and it looked as if I would spend much of my five full days in NYC alone. At the time I tried really hard to be positive and I tried even harder to keep my chin up but I was worried about my sanity and emotional well being for spending so much time alone. A few years ago I would have been completely and totally comfortable in that situation but things have changed and I've changed and the thought of it was very unappealing. Since I already had a plane ticket and four Broadway show tickets I bit the bullet and jumped on the plane. Perfectly. Unexpectedly. Wonderful. That's what this trip was for me. I was with friends nearly the entire time. I had unexpected calls, texts and invitations that made my trip fantastic. Even running into my Doppelganger didn't wreck my trip--may have put a slight damper on it but the fact that I won a ton of ridiculously expensive fabric in the same hour made it all worth while. Especially since I got to give it to Kendra for her to make dresses for two of my favorite little girls in the entire world.


Lexi being fascinated by the yarn winder thingy.

Lexi and Ang at Economy Candy.

Cope's eating yummy dumplings in China Town.


Ella...hard day?




Ang at Brooklyn Bridge




Gorgeous! Love that view.





Why even pretend as if I didn't go to New York for the food?
This is Economy Candy and part of my fabulous and
fun filled day in SoHo, China Town, LES with
my favorite family in the whole city.


Do I need to say anything? Probably not.



Jeff said this was the best food he'd ever had in NYC.
I didn't believe him and I hate being wrong.
This little Indian food cart is easily the best Indian food
I've ever eaten and quite possibly the best food EVER!
46th and 6th Avenue


Mmmmm, good! What could be better than
sitting at the Chip Shop in Park Slope
being waited on by a HOT British server
listening to The Smith's and eating the best
fish n chips and fried PB Cup in the world?
Could only have been better with Mere and Andrea.

Me at the Chip Shop





Shake Shake UWS. So good and totally worth
the wait on a dreary bleak and rainy Sunday afternoon.


Oh, my heavens! Best doughnuts I've ever consumed.
Corner of Norfolk and Grand, LES.


Most favorite people in all of the city. I love you guys so much and had the best time hanging out with you and Alexis and Ella. Loved our Saturday walking all over the city, will forever treasure Sunday morning memories and the good morning hug I got from Ella and for dinner at Sosa Borella. I love my bag too--I've gotten a zillion compliments! You are so wonderfully talented and I'm so happy we are friends. I do think it is humorous how we all became friends--especially given my current feelings on the program in general.
Some friends are forever and I'm so glad we met.

Ang and Kendra






On Wednesday morning I got to see the Picasso exhibit at The Met.
I was blown away by The Blind Man's Meal & Man with Hat and Violin but
nothing can explain the feelings I had when I saw Mother and Child on a Bench.
That painting touched my heart so much.
I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about it
and I stood in front of it for a good 15 minutes taking it all in.
Someday I will get a copy of that picture for my home.












I love NYC parks. If the weather hadn't been so completely and totally wretched I would have spent a lot of time sitting, reading and people watching in my favorite places. Instead I took a couple of pictures in Bryant Park, Central Park and Washington Square Park so I'd have a memory of all of the other hundreds of hours I have done those activities in my favorite parks.


2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Love you! We love to explore the city with fun friends. Thanks for spending so much time with us. Mwa!

Wendi said...

I love those pictures with you and Lexi and Kendra. I'm thankful to hear you had such a great time. :)