Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Power of a Great Dress

It's been a long time since I felt the Power. If you are a girl you know what I'm talking about--the power of a great dress. Last Friday night I had to go to my friend LJ's wedding. I did not want to go and when I received the invitation I half hoped it would be this weekend so I wouldn't have to go but it was last weekend and I was in town so I knew I had to go. I adore Lynley and wanted to see her happy but you know...weddings. Ugh. Full body shiver.

I desperately needed something hot to wear and had looked around a little bit but mostly just waited until the last second and then freaked out about having nothing to wear. My friend Z came to the rescue with the most incredible dress...the dress completely transformed me. It was so pretty and flattering and with the dress and the jewelry and really great hair I felt like a princess. Not creepy Barbie going to the Prom princess but like a good kind of princess. Actually, I looked so little like me that LJ's dad didn't even recognize me and her mom started crying when she saw me. All I can say is clothes can give you power and for a teeny tiny moment I got to experience that power.

4 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Love Love Love this post. But where is the photo of the dress? I don't even own a dress. How sad is that. Lots and lots of skirts.

Kris said...

Ditto to what Mary said. I want to see Barbie...

Wendi said...

Haven't felt that power in quite awhile! Yay for you! :)

Z said...

well for those wanting to know... its black taffeta with a boat neck, fitted through the bodice and flares out through the skirt and hits just below the knee. Very Hepburn.