Friday, April 30, 2010

Death of a DVR

I'm not a hoarder. I don't keep old stuff. I don't have a lot of sentimental attachment to things and whatnot but I do save stuff on my DVR. The thing that makes it so I don't just turn on the TV and watch random ridiculousness. The thing that records all my shows whenever they are on. The thing that makes it so I rarely have to think about anything until I'm in the mood to watch. Sometimes I save shows so that I can re-watch (Parenthood, Glee, FNL) and sometimes I save TV for a "rainy day" and/or summer when there's nothing else to watch (The Office, HIMYM) and sometimes I save stuff because it is nearly impossible to watch certain shows one at a time (Lost). Last Thursday night my DVR died. Dead. Hard drive fried. Tonight the new one came and although I'm relieved he's back I'm just a bit sad about the 80 hours of fabulousness and happiness that is gone. Tonight since I clearly have no life and according to the unbelievable bitch from last night I have no priorities I am setting up my season passes and hoping I don't forget anything. Good times.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I say your priorities are just great, Ang. Now I would worry about your priorities if you just sat around watching COMMERCIAL TV... ;) (Or if you sat around hoarding a bunch of stuff like me...) 8I