Monday, April 19, 2010

Fear and Loathing Volcanoes

A not smart person would say that it is ironic that a while ago I likened myself to Iceland and now that lovely country's act of God is messing up my vacation plans. However, that not smart person would be taking vocabulary lessons from Alanis and not from Richard Castle or Troy Dyer. Irony isn't really really bad luck. Today I got the official news that Meredith is stuck in Dubai and then London until after I leave to come back to The UC. I'm not mad. I'm not even terribly upset. I'm just kinda sad. I will still have a terrific time next week in New York seeing my friends and exploring all of my favorite places but I was very much looking forward to doing a lot of that with Mere. Oh, and also damn happy that I got distracted by something dumb last week when I was going to buy surprise theater tickets for the two of us for Tuesday night. Now I can just buy one and call it good. Guess it is a good thing that I'm kosher doing things by myself. Oy vey.

P.S. Mere--I'm super happy you finally got a ticket out of Dubai.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Volcanoes, earthquakes, and sharks are my biggest "irrational" fears. Sorry the volcano's ash stranded your friend. But I do hope you have a great time in your favorite city. :)

merebuff said...

when I think about the stuff I am going to do in NYC without you, it just doesn't seem the same. Thanks for thinking about surprising me, I would have loved it. (What was it for ? maybe I will actually go see a show.)

Have a great time! (sob)