Monday, April 6, 2009

Golden Egg



Every year at work they have a super cool "Easter Egg Hunt" (okay...no hunting--although at my work that would not be a surprise given the obsession with killing things) where we all pick an egg and they contain special prizes. Usually I get the $5 egg which is great because it is lunch money and free and super fun. I love seeing who gets the "money eggs"--the ones with the $50 or $100. I especially like it when it is someone I like. This year we did the Hunt early because our Idaho office peeps were in town for Staff Meeting. I picked a "yellow egg" and when I opened it...well...let's just say that it wasn't the $5 egg. In retrospect I would have really enjoyed watching my boss' face because he LOVES this kind of stuff. He really enjoys seeing how excited everyone gets and he's so sweet about it but today I was a little bit overwhelmed counting the contents of my egg. I'm sure the look on MY face was priceless as I unfolded the first four bills and realized I was holding $400. My friends who were sitting next to me were so excited for me and then I realized there was actually another $100 hiding inside the egg. Yes, I won $500 today!!!! I never win anything and I'm actually still kind of in shock about the whole thing.
So, the big question all day, "Ang, what you going to do with all your money?" I've been broke for months and so in a way it would have been nice to hang on to it for a bit but let's be honest...I know me. I know that if I hadn't bought something nice that I'd piddle the money away and have a couple dumb things to show for it. Instead, I did something I still can't believe. You all know how badly I've wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer for months and months and months but I've recently discovered something A LOT better...Bosch. The mixing base is on the bottom and it does everything the Kitchen Aid does and more. Also, Kacee has the best bread recipe in the world...which of course she will give to me. I had Anna and Kacee talk me into it and then I went straight from work to the Bosch store and bought it! I'm so excited!! I was going to christen it tonight by making my famous cookies but I was out of choc chips and didn't have any un-thawed butter so tomorrow night will be Project Cookie.

4 comments:

kacee said...

It looks fabulous on the kitchen counter! I can't wait for you to break it in - I am so in to teach you the bread recipe!

You sooo deserved that egg! What is that you always say? She's a good egg...

Kris said...

I bear testimony of the Bosch. It so kicks the Kitchen Aid's butt. I've been coveting the new one but will have to stick with my 10-year old version.

Kimmietaz said...

Congrats! The tide is turning, my friend. I know how badly you wanted a Bosch and I'm thrilled that you'll have a chance to play with one of your own sooner rather than later. Way to go!

Wendi said...

CONGRATULATIONS, ANG!! As far as I'm concerned this couldn't have happened to a more deserving person! Enjoy your fun new purchase with the "free money"! Wahoo!!!!!!!! :)