Thursday, April 9, 2009

Elope, anyone?

Those of you who truly know me know how I feel about the wonderfully brilliant concept of Elopement. It seems as if lately it is contagious and I'm 100% in favor of it...here are the latest examples of my friends and their adventures:

1. I literally just got off the phone with my oldest friend in the world who just called to tell me that our other friend just eloped. I'm so happy right now. I can't be more specific because Ms. Eloped hasn't told her mother yet and even though I'm 99% sure no one would find out about it on my blog there is that 1% chance that I'd be the 'big fat idiot' that blew it for her.

Congrats, you-know-who, you've restored a little bit of my faith in humanity and I'm so happy for you and for your new adventure!

2. One hour ago I received an "E-mail invitation" to a friend's wedding in NYC. I wish so much that I could go but they are getting married next week. I'm not one for regrets so I do not in any way regret buying my new toy but interesting how that money could have been used to see Marisa and Jon get married. Agh--I want to go! I was there for the whole sweet courtship. Jon coming to get his check each week and waiting until Marisa got off so that he could walk her to the train. Them dumping their respective significant others and moving in together. Hanging out at random bars and clubs to see Jon and his band play. Good times. Great memories. I love them and wish them the best future ever.

3. On Monday a few of us were reminiscing about Anna and her upcoming anniversary. This time last year she came to work on a Monday and said, "Um...I think I'm going to leave early on Wednesday and get married..." I knew at that moment that Anna and I would be friends and that I TOTALLY liked her.

Love you all!

3 comments:

Cali said...

If I could do it again, I'd totally elope. "Take the money and run," as my grandma says.

Wendi said...

I'm glad I told you. I hoped it would make you that happy. :) I'm really happy for her too! :)

Tisha Morgan said...

I agree w/ Cali, if I did it again, I would elope. I didn't even want to go to the whole hoopla I had been planning for months. It's a waste of time and money since what is really important is the fact that you are married.