Friday, April 24, 2009

Bread 101

Last night my good friend Kacee taught me how to make bread using the Bosch. I will happily admit that I was stressed about it especially since the "fruits of my labor"= dinner for all of us but also because making bread sounds really hard. I went over to her house and in one hour we completed the following things:

1) Made a batch of dough -- super easy especially with Kacee standing there telling me what to do.
2) Divided the dough into four sections.
3) Flattened one section into pizza dough and put together a peperoni and mushroom pizza.
4) Put pizza in oven to bake.
5) Took the second section of dough and formed it into a loaf and set aside.
6) Rolled out Garlic Cheesy bread and put in oven to bake.
7) Rolled out the fourth section of dough and made *yummy* cinnamon / brown sugar twists.
8) Took pizza and cheese bread out of oven.
9) Ate dinner while the bread and dessert twists baked.

If I had to rate it I would say making bread was super easy. The pizza dough wasn't thin enough so it didn't bake as good as it should of--totally my fault and now I know better. I do feel bad about dinner but the littlest people didn't seem to mind and the other two are too freaking nice to say anything. The cheesy bread and cinnamon twists were AMAZING! This morning I had a slice of MY homemade bread with peanut butter--the perfect breakfast. (Yes, Tina, go ahead and roll your eyes...I still can't believe the peanut butter thing either)

Today at lunch I went to the Bosch store and finally picked up my special cookie paddles and some yeast, bread pans, bread bags and a few other random odds and ends. I kinda want everything in that store--even the things that I have zero idea what they are. Now I just need bread flour and I'm set! I'm going to attempt to make homemade rolls for Linds' shower on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Good luck! It all sounds yummy! I'm glad you're learning new skills and buying fun toys to practice with. :) Have a great weekend! :)

merebuff said...

i love how domestic you are. Bosch mixers are awesome. And they last for ever.

missyoumissyoumissyou