Thursday, April 30, 2009

Insomnia Sucks

A few months ago I somehow survived on very little sleep. Survived is such a relative word and in that case really only meant that somehow I'm still physically alive. It appears as if the hell of truly heinous insomnia is back. The last couple of weeks I've gotten very little sleep and last night was the worst its been in ages.

Last night:

*11:30 fell asleep on the sofa watching the Unusuals.
*Went to bed.
*Couldn't sleep.
*12:00 got up to get my iPod. That often works.
*12:30 got up to get book. That ALWAYS works--started reading but literally couldn't care less about the book.
*1:00 got up, grabbed laptop, earphones and a movie.
*Watched all of the movie.
*3:00 still awake.
*Sometime around 3:30ish drifted off to a very light sleep. Mostly worrying about getting up in a couple of hours to get my work done in time for my important meeting. Pretty sure that this needs to stop because I can't take another night of it.

**Oh, P.S. the best part was that today I went to work with my face looking like a punching bag, in clothes & shoes that I normally wouldn't wear to work (ie: looking like a slob) and of course on my lunch break I ran into someone I really didn't want to see. Awesome!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I hate it when insomnia leaves you looking and feeling like crap. Sorry you ran into someone on your lunch hour while looking like that... :S

Angi Snyder said...

UNISOM!

Wendi said...

Advil PM usually works pretty well for me, Ang.