Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

Today is a good day. I could go on and on about all the reasons why I think today is a great day but I will respect everyone else and keep my opinions to myself. I don't care if you are a Republican. Don't care if you are a Democrat. I know who I am. I'm that girl who will go home tonight, curl up on the sofa with her "Edward Blanket", turn on the DVR and watch the Inauguration.

In November when I was in NYC my friend told me about a sign in Harlem that said:

Rosa Parks sat, so that Martin Luther King Jr. could walk, so that Barack Obama could run so our children can play.

Again...don't care who you voted for but I am having a great day!

P.S. Here is an excerpt from Rick Warren's invocation: Rick Warren: Give to our new President Barack Obama the wisdom to lead us with humility, the courage to lead us with integrity, the compassion to lead us with generosity. Bless and protect him, his family, Vice President Biden, the Cabinet and every one of our freely elected leaders. Help us oh God, to remember that we are Americans, united not by race or religion or blood but to our commitment to freedom and justice for all.

Amen.

3 comments:

Angi Snyder said...

Awesome sign. I don't care who you voted for, he is our President, and he deserves respect. I loved the inagauration. Very well done.

Wendi said...

I hope you had a great evening watching the Inauguration. I even watched a few clips on the Internet because of this post of yours. I liked what you wrote and I liked what I heard and saw. I'm looking forward to Obama's presidency.

Tina W said...

I'm such a loser that I had tears during the recap of the balls last night. It just feels like Americans are pumped. I like it.