Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Miracle

Saturday afternoon 1:57 p.m. 46th and Broadway. Rear Mezzanine. Row C. Seat 108.

Text to Kacee: Yay. Tell those I know 'hello'. In The Heights is going to start in a few minutes. The set looks exactly like my "hood". Exactly! Gotta run. Scrap lots! Miss you.

I reached down under my chair and put my phone into my bag.

3:20 p.m. 46th and Broadway. Rear Mezzanine. Row C. Seat 108. Intermission. I jump up, grab my bag and run down 66 steps to the bathroom. Can't find phone in bag. Go back upstairs. Cannot find phone. Those sitting next to me cannot find the phone.

Finish watching the play. Loved every single second but in the back of head really freaking out about the new iPhone that seemed to be missing.

5 p.m. Play is over. Me and several ushers, theater manager and patrons look for the phone. Exchange information with theater peeps and then dejected and pissed off I took the train back to 158 and St. Nick so I could figure out what to do next. On the way home, my iPod was playing "I Hate Everyone" by Get Set Go. Truly, is there a more appropriate song for that particular frame of mind? I'm gonna say, "no".

6 p.m. Matt and Kendra's apartment. Use computer to get number for T-Mobile. (Oh, and also E-mailed many friends to tell them what happened and to ask them to send a text to my phone begging the thief to give back the phone). Go outside and use pay phone to cancel phone. Get cut off. Go to next pay phone. Call again. Get card cancelled but get cut off before can order new one. Call again and order new sim card to be rush delivered to Orem address.

6:30 p.m. UWS dinner at Shake Shack and dessert at Magnolia. Yeah........nice! Think about calling and/or E-mailing various friends...reach into bag...oh yeah, no phone. Not so nice.

Sunday all day. Feel very alone. Cut off from everyone and totally at a loss for time. Was nearly late to everything all day/night and by late afternoon was not only feeling alone but also feeling very violated because of all the VERY personal E-mails and texts in the phone.

Sunday night. 9:30 p.m. Matt and Kendra's.

Kendra: Angie, did you talk to Shauna?
Angie: My mom?
Kendra: No, your friend, Shauna.
Angie: No, I don't have a phone.
Kendra: somehow she tracked down Matt and someone found your phone and turned it in. It is at the theater box office.

I still don't know the whole story and let's be honest...I don't care. Someone named Bianca found my phone, called the last person who I talked to (Shauna). Shauna somehow (this is the part I'm most interested in) found out where I was staying and tracked down Matt's number. Thank goodness for good people. People like Bianca who found a very expensive phone and turned it in so that this slightly cynical and truly pathetic former New Yorker can feel better about life and people and stuff.

2 comments:

Tisha Morgan said...

Hey so I found your blog through Cali's!. I would have died without a cell. It somehow makes you feel so naked. And an iphone! Talk about losing something worth a lot of money. I am glad it got found!

Wendi said...

Hooray for nice, honest people in this crazy world we live in. And hooray for miracles! I'm so thankful to hear that you got your phone back. :)