Friday, December 5, 2008

NYC Highlights and Lowlights


Lowlights:
*Having my phone stolen.
*Icky, nasty wind and rain on Sunday.
*Eating the worlds worst Thanksgiving dinner...so very much "School Lunch" and spending $30 for it.
*Missing Meredith.

Highlights:
Every single second of my time there.
*Getting my phone back.
*Magnolia Bakery--ohmygosh there are Magnolia's ALL over the place now. How happy was I to eat at Rock Center Magnolia and UWS Magnolia? Seriously, having a Magnolia and a Shake Shack in the same 10 block area is quite possibly the best thing in the WORLD!
*Lunch with Kendra and Ella at Sosa Borella.
*Getting a perfect manicure. Why isn't that possible here?
*Seeing Summers.
*Talking to Summers.
*Hanging out with Summers at my favorite place on earth (88th and Riverside).
*3 Broadway shows: All My Sons, In the Heights and 13. Fantastic!
*Shake Shack--yes, I'll admit, I ate there twice in 6 days.
*Literally walking/skipping/running ALL over New York City.
*Slumdog Millionaire.
*Subway Karma. Yes, it does actually happen and it happened to me a lot last weekend.
*Hanging out with The Cope's. So much fun. Agh...I miss you guys so much.
*Amy's Bread.
*Spice Fusion.
*Shopping at Bodegas. I've really truly missed it. Who would've thought?
*Seeing that Jimbo's Hambugers (that's how they spell it--for real) had WiFi.
*TKTS at South Street Seaport. Ahhhh, very few tourists.
*Mike's Bagels.
*Corner Cafe.
*Reading, reading, reading. Which translates to 'going to Borders and B&N every day' to get another book. I miss those days.
*Remembering where to find all the "good" bathrooms.
*Buying the cute, cute, cutest pair of earrings on the UWS.
*Listening to "the accent". I love me a good Long Island or Brooklyn accent. Makes me giddy just thinking about it.
*Good Enough to Eat.

Best 6 days ever. Loved my time there. Even riding the bloody subway to and from the airport. I'm proud to say that I took public transportation the entire time I was there--not one single cab. I used to love taking the bus from my neighborhood all the way downtown and on Thanksgiving that was my plan. Unfortunately, Mr. Had Too Much to Drink (particularly nasty since it was only 11 o'clock in the morning) wouldn't leave me alone so I had to get off the bus and walk from Bryant Park to Union Square which in the long run ended up being fantastic. I had truly forgotten how much I loved walking around New York. I walked as much as I could sometimes for hours and pretty much completed my goal of walking from 110th Street to Wall Street.


4 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm so happy that your highlights out-numbered your lowlights. When John and I were there, we walked almost the entire time too. I wish I got that much exercise here! :)

Wendi said...

Oooh...nice picture. :) That's much better than the Orem neighbor one. :)

Tina W said...

Kind of makes me want to cry. I love those times in NYC. I miss them too...

Jess said...

Aaahhhhh.... sounds lovely!