Thursday, December 18, 2008

Angie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...

Nothing really happened to make the title accurate but generally things were just kinda crappy today.

Tons and tons and tons of snow.
Stupid salesmen (more than one) at work.
Dumb client who called at least 10 times. He makes me want to drink a really big bottle of really bad stuff.
Huge client who was really late getting their shiz to me.
Missing Paislee's recital so that I could go to a meeting that started 45 minutes late. Totally could have gone to the recital if I had known the bloody meeting was going to be so late.
Needing to run errands in really crappy weather. Really only the freeway on and off ramps were bad.
Listening to my work neighbor complain about the snow for hours (5.5 hours) until I finally went out and scraped off her car and shoveled a path to her car so that she wouldn't fall. Note: super disappointed in a guy that I know who watched me shovel the snow and then had the audacity to ask to borrow my snow scraper so he could scrape his windows. Lame!
Having the girl at Paradise Bakery not only recognize me but know what I like to order. I realize that normal people enjoy this phenomenon and that it is considered good customer service. However, I hate it and now will need to get over my phobia so that I can eat at one of my favorite places.
Arguing with one of my friends and trying to be okay with it.
Having my boss ignore my request to leave early until it was WAY too late to get to Adi's recital.

Best thing ever...the thing that made all the rest go away...
Coming home to a package from Shauna with an advanced copy of a book from one of my favorite authors, opening it and seeing that she had it autographed for ME! I have the best friends ever and I totally and completely don't deserve it.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

That is one of my favorite children's books of all time, by the way. I'm sorry you had a day reminiscent of Alexander's. I think that was very cool of you to shovel for someone. And very lame of the boy to not at least offer to help. Oh, and you really DO deserve the good friends you have. Because you're a very good friend, Ang. I'm thankful that you're one of mine. :)