Sunday, May 3, 2009

Truly Random Thoughts for the Sabbath

*I just heard a very disturbed (on a TV show) child describe the Sleeping Beauty fairytale in the most honest way ever. YES, that story is crap. "The spell was for 100 years and he shows up on the last day and takes credit for saving her!" I think if we were in GH right now Scottie would give that girl a "Brilliant and/or Insightful" comment.

*5 Guys Burgers and Fries was quite good. The burgers are as good as anything I can get in Utah. Not as good as Shake Shack but good enough. The fries...yummy!

*Last night this weird little awkward waitress asked us if we wanted bread sticks with our dessert. Um...I think I'll pass on eating chocolate cake and tiramisu with garlic bread sticks. Also, she looked at my necklace and asked, "Oh, your necklace...what does the 'A' stand for?" Honestly, did she really think it meant anything other than my name? Really? I guess I could be Hester Prynne and it could be a scarlet "A". Except that it is black and silver so maybe not.

*The cable has been out at my house for a couple of days. No biggie except that also meant that the DVR was unavailable. I freaked out for a minute and then decided I could be a grown-up and finish two of the books I've been reading.

*Speaking of reading. I've been having trouble focusing lately and haven't really had any desire to read. This morning I finished two books that were really good but right now I'm dying for something amazing. Something that I can't wait to get back to. Something that I can curl up on the sofa on a Sunday (right this second) and devour. I'm super happy that the reading bug is back. Yay!

*I know I blogged about this a week or so ago but I really really love Blue October's new album. Really.

*Still in a really good mood. Totally pretending as if tomorrow is not Monday.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I just finished "Fablehaven 4" this morning. I'm glad you're still in a good mood. :)