Saturday, May 23, 2009

Funnies

Funnies from the last week...

**Everyone who eats with me knows that I eat my food in a weird way...I take things apart and eat them a piece at a time. Last Saturday night at JCW's, Jeremy looked at my food and said, "Ang, did you drop your burger?" Um...no. Totally ridiculously embarrassing.

**Lunch at Taco Amigo on Monday.
Male friend: Squirming in his chair..."Ugh...I totally know what you girls go through."
Me and Female friend: "Huh?"
Male Friend: "These jeans are too tight. My wallet is in the truck because I can't put it in my pocket and when I wear these pants I can only put the key chain in my pocket--not all of my keys".
Me and Female Friend: Much laughter...

**Hanging out with Adi, Luke and Pais.
Luke: Can we go play outside?
Ang: No, it's time for bed.
Luke: Our other babysitter let's us play outside.
Ang: Not after you've had a bath and are in your PJ's.
Luke: Yeah.

**I went to pick Steve up for dinner on Tuesday and we asked Bob if he wanted to come with us...
Ang: Do you want to come with us?
Bob: You're going to have Thai food aren't you?
Ang: Probably.
Bob: I don't like Thai food.
Ang: Have you ever had it? Have you ever been with someone who knows what to order?
Bob: Yes, with some returned missionaries. I don't like it.
Ang: Missionaries eat dogs. They don't know what is good...
Bob: Will you stop at that sandwich place over there (pointing South), the one that starts with an "O".
I was fully aware that there is no sandwich place on State Street that starts with an "O". Steve and I went to Thai Chili Gardens--had a delicious dinner and then proceeded to drive down State Street looking for the non-existent sandwich place. Eventually, we decided he had to be talking about Quiznos so I stopped there and got something. After I dropped Steve off with the sandwich for Bob I received the following text:
Steve: We were right, I guess QUIZNOS starts with an "O" these days.

Mostly, I often wonder how can someone so brilliant about so many things can be so not brilliant about little things? Hmmm. Love you, Bobby Brown.

**Conversation between Ang and Adi about our upcoming Lagoon day.
Ang: Ads, you excited to go to Lagoon?
Adi: Yes, but I will not go on that scary ride this year.
Ang: Come on...you can do it. You're a whole year older now and it won't be scary.
Adi: I was 6 1/2 last year. I will not go on that ride.
Ang: But now you are 7 1/2 -- I think you should ride it again with me and your mom.
Adi: No way.

No comments: