Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Long Lost Memories Should Stay Lost

A few weeks ago I was with my friends and we were talking about journals and how we should have a journal reading party where we can read excepts from our old journals. I sat quietly all the while thinking how freaking happy I was that I had burned all of mine. Yeah, I burned my journals and I don't even feel badly about it. There's a teeny tiny part of me that wished I had stuff from when I was really young so that I could re-create my blocked out childhood but I don't so I don't think about it. Anyway, yesterday when I was reorganizing the guest room and emptying the last of the book boxes I came across a long lost journal from 2003 that I didn't even know existed. Winter 2003 was a mere nine years ago but immediately I discovered how vastly different 2012 Ang is from 2003 Ang. Need to have another bon fire because that book needs to be burned!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I have a bad memory. And when I do remember things about my past, it's usually the stuff I wish I could forget. So, I'm actually thankful that I've never been much of a journal keeper.