Monday, February 27, 2012

I Trust You

I Love You.
I Hate You.

Those are very powerful words but not nearly as critical to me as these simple words:



I Trust You

Simple, eh? Yeah, not for me. Trust is a very big deal for me and to be truthful I don't trust that many people. I've been burned. A lot. In the last few years I've learned that if I don't let down the walls a little bit and if I don't let people in I can't grow. I can't live. I can't be happy. I want to grow. I want to live and I definitely want to be happy. One of the biggest ways to do this is to learn to trust people. Unfortunately, sometimes even the people you love and trust the most can betray you the most and hurt you the worst. Recently, someone that falls into that category hurt me really badly. And I was sad. Really sad. And hurt. Really hurt. It's been 6 days and although I'm still sad and hurt I'm only a little sad and a little hurt. I have been honest with this person and told them how much they hurt me and now I can move on. Control the controllable. It is the only thing I can control. I can't control others but I can *mostly* control the way in which I react and I choose to move past this and move on with my life. I choose to be happy. Not stupid and not naive but happy and at peace.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm glad you were able to be honest with them and that you're going to be able to move on now. And learning that you can't control other people and can only control yourself and the way you react to things is a great life lesson to learn. Good for you. I wish you much happiness and peace. :)

Cali said...

Oh girl, I don't know what happened but I'm so sorry you were hurt. I want to say I'd be as strong as you if something like that happened to me right now but I don't know if I could. You are amazing, and beautiful in every way. Keep your head up, and I second Wendi wishing you much happiness and peace.

rulee said...

To keep warm Cheap Snapback Hats. In order to cold, people have put on thick warm winter clothing and shoes, but many people no hat habit. Little imagine, head of the human body is also a need to keep warm. Besides, most of the old hair be scarce (easy heat), more need a hat to keep warm. Winter hat material, can be the wool, wool, or the clothes down even, anyway,Red Bull Hats quality of a material to thicker, heat preservation effect is good.