Monday, February 6, 2012

Most Recent Hot Date

A: Do you think you would be able to do girls Night Friday, January 20th?
Z: My first instinct is to say "yes!" but then I'm nervous about what it might entail.
A: What if I promise it would be something you'd love.

Two + years ago Z introduced me to The Moth story telling pod cast and the very first pod cast I listened to was Mike Bribiglia doing Sleepwalk With Me so when I heard he was going to be in town I knew I would do anything for the two of us to see his show. Thankfully she was up for it and okay with the fact that she had ZERO idea what I had planned. I told one of our mutual friends about it and he was fully on board and excited that we were going to be able to spend some alone time together -- me, Z and a few thousand of our closest friends. I also mentioned my plans for my hot date with Marcel at work and then came up with the idea for us to meet him at Sweet Tooth Fairy for an after show treat.

The night of the date we met at the 7200 S Park and Ride and then I took over driving for the rest of the evening. First stop Taco Pariente for street tacos. They were just as good as I remembered and even better this time because of the company. We sat in my car and ate which with anyone else would be awkward but it was just fine with Z.

A: Do you have any idea what we are doing tonight?
Z: None. I didn't google anything or do any research.
A: Yay!

We got to Kingsbury, picked up tickets at Will Call and the whole time I was worried that the surprise would be spoiled but there were ZERO posters anywhere. Then we went to our seats on the back row and still nothing--she had no idea what we were doing. Right before the show started her brother-in-law came and sat right in front of us. Really, how much more random could that be? As soon as the lights dimmed a bit Z bent down and started caressing his neck. He pulled back, saw who it was and shoulder shrugged, "Hey". All casual and too-cool-to-talk to us. After Mike came out on the stage I whispered, "Do you know who this is?" and she shook her head no and I said, "Abby, there's a jackal in the room!" and she said, "OH, MIKE!" It was so completely awesome. I never get to keep surprises like that and it was so fun. The show was incredible. He's so funny and weird and awkward - I loved every single second.

After the show we met Marcel and his siblings at STF for an yummy treat! All in all the best date I've been on in a very long time. Pure perfection!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Good job keeping the surprise. I'm awful at that. I'm glad you had a great time. :)