Monday, February 27, 2012

Formula For Happiness

Last week was crap but I got through it and I feel like I need to write out the things that helped so that I know them for the future.

*Hugs from Kenzie -- hands down this kid can make me feel better in just a few seconds. On Thursday I called my sister and asked if I could come over and borrow hugs from Kenzie for a few minutes. I don't know what Becky said to her and/or what you can say to a 2 year old but that kid knew EXACTLY what I needed and hugged and kissed me for the whole time I was there.

*Donuts from Hill's Bakery -- in particular the bacon maple bar. Oh, my gosh, pure nasty heaven!

*Talking it out with friends -- I'm super lucky and have amazing people in my life who would do anything for me. I didn't actually realize what *anything* meant until Saturday night when they tried to kick his ass. But generally I have wonderful friends who are incredible listeners and have helped me be the best version of myself.

*A Peaceful Home -- last week when things were pretty rough I remember walking into my living room and looking around and realizing how completely happy I was with where I live. I love my house. I love the way it is put together and it has such a peaceful feeling. I love being at home and never get antsy to get out of there. Note: I didn't even get dressed until the last possible second on Saturday and Sunday. That's how happy I was to be in my home.

*A Perfect Life -- a few weeks ago one of my colleagues who I call Elder asked me what I was doing over the weekend and I told him and he said, "Wow, you have a perfect life."

Yes, I have a perfect life and even though sometimes things are hard my life is pure wonderfulness with ice cream sprinkles and a cherry on top. Or rainbows and bunnies. Which ever works for you.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Friends that help you be the best version of yourself and a peaceful home are amazing blessings. I'm happy for you. :)

Cali said...

You are so adorable and sweet. Love you!

rulee said...

To keep warm Cheap Snapback Hats. In order to cold, people have put on thick warm winter clothing and shoes, but many people no hat habit. Little imagine, head of the human body is also a need to keep warm. Besides, most of the old hair be scarce (easy heat), more need a hat to keep warm. Winter hat material, can be the wool, wool, or the clothes down even, anyway,Red Bull Hats quality of a material to thicker, heat preservation effect is good.