Friday, September 4, 2009

Peach Paradise?

My go-to treat generally resides in the baked-good family. I'm all about the really good cookie or slice of cake. A lot of people like ice cream. Ice cream is good but for me it really depends on the options. If my options are an Angie Crack Cookie or ice cream I'm going to choose the cookie. If my choices are a sugar cookie from Kneaders or ice cream then I'm going to choose the ice cream. For one of my colleagues, who for now shall remain nameless, ice cream is a religious experience. The other day he stood in the door way of my office with a look on his face that I can only describe as pure bliss and we had the following conversation:

Nameless: Millet, I just had an experience that can only be likened to the first time that Edward bit Bella's neck.
Ang: *giggle* What did you consume?
Nameless: (Deep sigh) The peach shake from Taco Amigo.
Ang: Really?
Nameless: Yes. It was the most amazing experience. You need to go over there and get one.
Ang: Hmmm. Maybe tonight after Luke's game.

Anyway, I went Friday night and got a shake but wasn't in the mood so I put it in the freezer. Note to world...you can't re-freeze those things...they don't un-thaw well. I ended up throwing it away. Then, the other night I was laying in bed at 8 p.m. and all of the sudden got the huge craving for the peach shake. So, I got up, got 1/2 dressed and ran over to the Amigo. I paid $5 for the shake and have the following review: the shake is good. Its really good but it isn't worth the money--especially since it can't be re-frozen and I can only eat about a third of it. So, basically unless I'm sharing I'm definitely done with the peach shakes for the season. They are yummy...the peaches are delicious but for me not so much a religious experience!

No comments: