Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Iceland Revisited

Okay, so apparently a bunch of you think that Volcano Angie is about to erupt and burn up the UC. I've had a couple of really bad weeks at work but I'm not about to lose it. The whole Iceland thing started because one of my friends mentioned that I never write about anything personal.

There are two basic reasons for this:

A) Blog Stalkers--I don't really understand this phenomenon but after talking to some of you who are more normal than me it seems as if people like to stalk others blogs. I barely have the time to read the blogs of my people so I can't imagine reading blogs of people who I don't like. It totally baffles me that people who vocally hate me enjoy reading my blog.

B) I'm private and it's hard for me let people in. It's incredibly difficult for me to be vulnerable and open because I've been burned nearly every time I've let someone see the real me.



When I wrote the Iceland post I was trying to get personal and to put a little of myself out there. No, TMM you are not the one who crushed me by telling me that I'm hard to get to know and that the casual observer finds me cold, unfeeling and untouchable. Although I do know that we've had a similar discussion. So, when I say that I'm ICELAND: cool to the touch but underneath pure volcano, I mean that I am a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll. No, really, I mean that it might be difficult to get to know me but when you do I'm incredibly passionate. I love the people I love with all my heart and it also probably means that if I don't love you I might be really passionate about how much I don't love you--the Bish and his little minions are the perfect example of that. If I love you I'd do anything for you. If I don't love you I might get excited by torturing you--a new side of my personality I've recently discovered with regard to Pony Boy. I like being Iceland. I feel as if I've made a huge leap into true self-discovery and it makes me happy.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

1.) I think it's amusing that you call this place "the UC". :)

2.) Thank you for letting me get to know the real Ang. I heart you and you continue to be my favorite fun friend. (I'm looking forward to our next lunch outing.)

3.) It cracks me up that you actually wrote "the Bish and his little minions." :D Hilarious.

merebuff said...

I totally get the Iceland thing. I feel a little Iceland-ish myself.

Cali said...

I love this post! I "heart" you Ang! (And I totally got that phrase from you you know.)

Kimmietaz said...

:D <3 you.