Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sweet Tooth Fairy

"Our bakery is a haven for people who share a common belief in the magic of sweets..."

This year for Lent I have given up sugar and carbs--actually all but about 13 different kinds of foods. It has been 2.5 weeks and I'm doing well and with the exception of a small treat each Saturday I've been 100% true to the plan. I've even been able to put the Girl Scout Cookies away without really thinking about them. They are in the cabinet in my office and as long as I don't take them home I'll be fine.

As most of you know I hate "Utah Food" and have found it really difficult to find great food (great food=baked goods). Well, thanks to E-vil Jeni, last Saturday, March 7th at 12:46 p.m. I found the very best thing in the world about Utah--a fabulously delicious tasty little bakery. I will admit that a few weeks ago when Jen told me about STF I didn't believe her but I'm definitely a firm believer now. The cupcakes are better than anything West of the Mississippi. They are so good that it isn't even that hard to admit that they are better than my cupcakes--absolutely perfectly divine!

Until Easter I will just have to visit my friends at Sweet Tooth Fairy once a week for my "special Saturday treat" and in the meantime I will continue thinking and dreaming and basically torturing myself to death.

P.S. this delicious gem is located in East Bay next to Quilted Bear. Stop what you are doing, throw the little people in the car and go try for yourself. Oh, and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Angi Snyder said...

Just to help you out, you aren't Catholic, so technically you don't have to observere lent.

kacee said...

I will confirm - delicious x11!

so so so happy to find all of these updates tonight!

Wendi said...

I think Angi Snyder's comment is hilarious. :) And I, too, am happy about all the posts tonight. Yay!! :)