Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Chocolate

I cheated tonight and not just on Lent. I cheated and I feel dirty and gross. So dirty that I had to come home and immediately brush my teeth to make the taste go away. I cheated on my favorite place in all of Utah. The only teeny tiny bit of Heaven in this place--The Chocolate. I'm not sure if I've blogged about it yet but I love The Chocolate. It is the cutest, coziest, most adorable bakery/dessert cafe in all the world. The owner has my same name and she's totally cool and nice and normal and has the best treats this side of the Hudson. In some ways Ange's cakes are even better than some of my favorites in New York. I love The Chocolate and I go there so much that they even know my name. Anyone who truly knows me knows that in a normal circumstance I'd be completely mortified but I'm 100% okay with the fact that they know me. RHC and I wanted to try this "other cupcake place" and so we went. We ate and now I'm done. It was fine. The cake was actually moist which was surprising to me because it looked as if it would be dry but the frosting was ick and the place itself was too commercial and chainey looking. The Chocolate has fantastic furniture--stuff I'd have in my house--with real plates and glasses and fresh flowers on all the tables. Sugar, spice and EVERYTHING nice--that's The Chocolate.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I drove by there yesterday and ALMOST stopped in your honor, but I resisted. And then I ate three chocolate cookies just now that John and Heather made tonight. Oh well. They were made with all sorts of love. :)

Wendi said...

Chocolate CHIP cookies--that's what I meant to write. But, seriously, why didn't I just stop at ONE... :S

CHRISTINA said...

Don't forget the fact that at the Chocolate you can actually get a real drink of water -- not a flouride swoosh of it. Dramn cheap blastards.

Love,
--RHC