Monday, June 15, 2009

Project: My Boss' Birthday Cake

After tonight I may never bake again....

5:00--go to Albertson's to buy milk and unsweetened chocolate.
5:15--go home whip up chocolate chocolate cake batter--tastes a little off but can't put finger on it so "let it go" and keep working.
5:30 --put the giant cupcake pan in the oven to bake.
5:35--do dishes because the recipe requires that EVERY bowl in the house be used and I needed them to make the frosting.
5:45--begin making frosting.
6:00--check on giant cupcake--not even close to be done baking. Hmmm...
6:20--still not close to be done baking. Hate that damn pan, take it out of the oven and fill regular sized cupcake liners with the rest of the batter.
6:25--put cupcakes in the oven to bake.
6:45--take cupcakes out of oven. They are small and hard looking nubs. Hmmm....
FREAKING REALIZE that I didn't use baking soda! Freak out for five minutes. Grab purse and keys and run to the store...
6:55--go to Allen's and buy butter, cupcake liners and dish soap. Walk to the car and then realize I might not have any more cake flour and brown sugar, so I run back into the store and get those things.
7:15--get home and start again.
10:00--can't really tell if they taste okay because I'm too dang tired and I don't love chocolate cake so not sure.

Ugh...I really hope he likes them. Bloody hell--I may never bake again.

P.S. The only good thing about this is that I got to go to Albertson's...there are some really fine looking men that work at the 1600 North store.

No comments: