Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First Time

Last night I had a date with a super awesome 7.5 year old. Originally the plan was to pick up Skyler at his house and take him to dinner and then do a photo shoot to try out some of the things I learned again last week at my photo class. However, when I got to his house he mentioned that it would be fun if we could see a movie too. I told him that we could run by the theater and see what was playing and if there wasn't anything to see then we could do it another night and take his brothers.

Sky: But, when you go on dates with my brothers all by themselves you always go to a movie...I've never been to a movie with just you.
Ang: Guilt--guilt--guilt--the true gift for a middle child. True. Okay, let's go see what is playing.

So, we went to the theater and got tickets to see Night at the Museum. He picked the movie because, "I've seen it and it is really funny!" Not really my idea of a good time but nothing I would want to see is a 7-year old appropriate so I was okay with his choice.

After the movie on the drive home after thanking me for the evening (he's so freaking cute) we had the following conversation:

Skyler: This is the first time I've been in a mini car.
Ang: A mini car?
Skyler: Yeah, this is the smallest car I've ever been in.
Ang: Ha ha. Really?
Skyler: Yep. I've been in an Excursion, a bunch of different trucks, my mom's Hummer, a mini van, etc. etc. etc.

I laughed the whole way home. Yeah, I don't drive a "mini car". It's a freaking Toyota Corolla. Not huge, not Hummeresque but still a "normal car". Right? Gotta love those Cedar Hills kids!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I've had a lot of good times riding around in that car of yours--you've taken me to Cafe Rio, Shoots, Yoasis, Smart Cookie, and Sweet Tooth Fairy. Good food and good talks... Thanks for being my good friend. :)

Wendi said...

Hey Ang, I'm going to try to limit my FB friends again. It's just a big ol' trouble spot for me. But let's continue to keep in touch in blogland--and the occasional outing. :)