Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies for Jesus

Today was an incredibly busy but exceptionally wonderful day. I saw lots of friends and loved ones wished many a Merry Christmas and even saw a couple of movies: one with my friend-family and one with my real family. Right now I'm curled up on my sofa watching Love Actually which I consider to be the best Christmas movie ever and eating my delicious homemade bread pudding. I'm quite sure that life can barely get better than this. I've been fortunate to be able to spread joy and cheer in different ways and to celebrate this holiday with so many of the wonderful people in my life. I feel more blessed and loved this holiday season than I ever have in my life.

Earlier this evening after the tiny humans did the traditional Nativity story/scene Grandma asked each of them what gift they could give to Jesus this year. The big kids all said that they could show love to their families but one of the tiniest looked at her and said he could give cookies to Jesus. So for everyone out there in their own special way give cookies to Jesus this year and keep him in your thoughts.

No comments: