Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's in a Nickname?

A couple of weeks ago in Staff Meeting we were given our new "Blogging Policy"-- for real -- my company has one. Basically, I can't "Speak for" the company (duh) and we should be careful about what we say about work (also, duh). Oh, and I had to give my boss my blog address so that he could periodically monitor it. I totally don't care about that because he would be bored after the first three minutes and I think he already knows I'm crazy. During the HR presentation about the new policy they mentioned that it would be good to be careful about what we say about people because "you never know who could be reading your blog". I leaned over to my friend and said, "Or, come up with a nickname like I do". I love me a good nickname. It makes me giddy with delight to think of new names--those I love and those that I may not love. For instance, it makes me sad that I technically shouldn't blog about The Wee One and how much I now admire his great strength especially now after having to lug the shred bag to my desk when I accidentially put something in the bin that I shouldn't have put there. That little dude is freakishly STRONG cause I couldn't even move the bag and he slings them over his shoulder. Or, I wouldn't be able to talk about The Bish and how much I love his guts. He puts me in a fit of tears at least twice a year and last week spent the better part of a couple of days making fun of me to my face. Love The Bish. Mostly, I just love nicknames. I love that my friend Baz has so many fantastic little nicknames. I hope she likes them too but they are all in love. Well, hers are.

2 comments:

Cali said...

If I get who the Wee One is, someone once called him "little", and he got soooooooo offended and wouldn't speak to anyone for like a year. She felt so bad! ha ha

Wendi said...

Yeah, you're good at nicknames. Me, not so much. I just normally shorten people's names. I'm really original like that. :)