Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Love People

I'd like to start out by saying that generally people are probably all quite lovely and kind but lately I've been surrounded by the rest of the population: stupid, nosy, judgy and inconsiderate. I try to keep an open mind and be nice in public but thanks to a situation at the movie theater on Saturday (I'm sure Cali is grateful that I kept my comments mostly to myself during the film--otherwise there would have been a fight) and a story my parents just told me about a dinner situation they just experienced and let's just say if I had been there I would have been arrested for beating the guy to a bloody pulp. Here's the situation...

Bob and Shauna and another couple are at a restaurant having a nice dinner and a great although mostly controversial conversation. At a certain point Shauna could tell that the guy sitting at the table next to them had turned around in his chair and was actively listening to their conversation. Oh, also, he was taking notes. At first she thought it was because he recognized Bob and was some kind of freak so she tried to blow it off but he became more and more obviously obnoxious and eventually tapped Bob on the shoulder and began lecturing them on everything that they had WRONG. He was/is super conservative and sounds quite reactionary and continued to preach to my parents and their friends about how they were wrong and he was right and then proceeded to give Bob his notes because, "I already know this stuff--you need it". Oh, help me Rhonda! Who the hell does that? Who is this random guy who actually didn't recognize Bob and just wanted to help "Save" some incorrect people so that they could come to God. Literally, they would have had to pull me off of him because I would have not been able to contain my rage. Even my sweet, kind, understanding mother was beyond angry at his audacity and insanity and really the fact that he ruined their dinner.

I love people.

Love.

3 comments:

Cali said...

I was seriously just mad that Bradley Cooper was gay, I mean c'mon, he belongs to us LADIES. I will fight any MAN that tries to claim him, even Bradley Cooper himself, because he is OURS, ha ha.

But I get it, if I had noticed people being horrified about the gay scene for gayness's sake, I would've got mad too.

And that guy at your parents' dinner was WAY out of line, I'm sure I would've said something to him.

Wendi said...

And, seriously, who doesn't recognize your dad in this valley?! :)

Jess said...

This is a good example of one of the reasons I have really been wishing I could move out of state lately. I can't believe it, but I can... I'm with you Ang! AHH!