Monday, February 1, 2010

The Birthday Slip-up

Last week my brother Steve told me that he and Bob were going to Baton Rouge to see my Grandma for her birthday. In NO PART OF THAT CONVERSATION did he mention that it was a SURPRISE. On Friday morning my grandma called to thank me for the flowers I'd had delivered and just to make conversation I asked what time my dad would be arriving. Um...yeah, she didn't know. Um...yeah, I ruined it. Um...yeah, my aunt called my mother and screamed at her because of me.

Auntie: Shauna, blah blah, guess what Angie did...
Shauna: She didn't know it was a surprise. Obviously she wouldn't have said anything if she'd known. I forgot who I told what...
Auntie: That's because you have too many kids! You ruined this and now you have to fix it. I know you hate to lie but you have to fix this...

So, my sweet, innocent, never lies mother had to call Granny and lie lie lie. She told her that they had intended to go for granny's birthday but that tickets were booked and didn't make the flight stand-by. Granny believed her--of course she did--Shauna doesn't lie. Ever.

Whew!

No comments: