Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wellness?

My work is in the middle of a Wellness Program and since I sit in the same general area as the coordinator of the project I get to hear some really funny things. The program is really simple:

*Eat 5 fruits or vegetables a day--5 days a week.
*Drink 48 oz of water a day--5 days a week.
*Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day--four days a week.

It isn't a weight loss program but just an attempt to get us to be health conscious and maybe if you are drinking 48 oz of water that is 48 oz less of Mt Dew, eh? So, like I said I sit near sweet little Tiffy and I've heard some interesting questions and comments. Here are a few of them that I can remember off the top of my head:

Guy 1: did you use your walking around with your wife on vacation as exercise?
Guy 2: Yes, it was for like 5 hours a day. Didn't you put down all the walking around you did on your vacation?
Guy 1: NO! I had a freaking Churro in my hand while I was walking around.

Girl 1: Does 30 minutes of Dance Dance Revolution count as my exercise?
Tiffy: Yes.

Girl 1: Can't I count Mike & Ike's as a fruit?
Tiffy: Ha! Not quite.

Tiffy: If I have to eat one more fruit or vegetable I'm going to throw up.

Guy 1: Do the fruit snacks in the vending machine count as a fruit?
Girl 1: Um. No, They aren't even made of fruit.

I will say that for the most part the water is not a problem and that the fruit and vegetables shouldn't be but sometimes when it is 10 o'clock at night and I'm not hungry and I stare at that fridge thinking I need to eat one more damn vegetable I truly think about dying. The exercise has kicked my trash but I'm kind of liking it a little more each day. I've been jogging--slow as molasses but I jog and yesterday and today (Saturday) when I got up for days 5 and 6 -- not even required I think I'm now showing my dedication. Not so much to the program as my dedication to eating cookies.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I am just so impressed about your jogging. I am so out of shape right now that it's ridiculous. I do okay with the water and fruits and vegetables on most days. But the exercise...not even close.