Monday, August 8, 2011

Me and MyFitness Pal

Several months ago I started using an awesome little app called MyFitness Pal. I had the app on my phone, on my iPad and logged in each day from work. MFP helped me lose a bunch of weight by helping me track calories eaten and the calories I burned while exercising. For a while MFP gave me happy praise each and every day. He also told me when my friends were doing well and when I needed to remind them to step it up and get back on track. Everything was grand until I stopped exercising as much and kept eating as much as I wanted. Then at the end of the night MFP would say mean things like if you keep eating at this rate you will be fat in the next five weeks--or other hateful things. So then I stopped using it and it still kept E-mailing me messages reminding me of its power and glory. I've ignored the E-mails and reminders until today. This morning my favorite black dress pants do not fit in the manner in which I'd prefer so I made the monumental decision to beg MFP to take me back.

Now we're dating again and hopefully this time I'll live up to my end of the bargain and do what my boyfriend MFP tells me to do. Damn, it sounds like 1956 in here.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I use My Fitness Pal too. It's very helpful, but I hate it when it projects what I'll weigh in five weeks if "every day were like today". Sigh. Good luck! :)