Friday, July 22, 2011

Project Picture of the Day

So far in 2011 I've been working on a picture of the day project. Most of the time taking one picture a day to feature in my book has been no big deal but sometimes I've had to get a bit creative. I take my camera everywhere including on my bike and lately I've had a few close calls and have learned some valuable lessons:

Most Valuable Lesson so far -- when taking a stealth picture of a stranger TURN OFF YOUR FLASH! This has gotten me in trouble at least three times that I can think of:

1) taking a picture of a grown woman wearing embroidered peacocks on her pants.
2) taking a picture of a really ugly bumper sticker while sitting on the on-ramp on the freeway
3) just this morning in line at McDonald's I saw one of those freaks with the vinyl families on their car but this one was Jesus fish vinyl family. I had had had to take a pic of that and once again forgot to turn off my flash. The woman followed me for a few miles until I turned off to go to work.

One of these times I'm going to get my ass kicked.

Turn off the flash Millet.

3 comments:

NiteLite said...

I just starred following your blog because I read this entry while I was drinking some juice and I almost choked on it because I was laughing so hard! Yeah, sounds like you have to be more careful while you do that photo challenge or you won't be around to write about it, lol :)

Z said...

I am a witness that the peacock pants exist. I've seen the photo evidence. you should start an invitation only blog with your picture of the day project.

smith said...

Splendid work. Your writing is top notch.
Wedding Photographer Melbourne