Monday, January 11, 2010

Wear Those Fishnets!

Today I received the cutest, funniest, most perfectest E-mail from Meredith. I miss Meredith and think about her all the time but today that feeling is definitely stronger than usual. She told a typically fantastic Meredith story with the moral being "If the Spirit tells you to wear your fishnet stockings then DO IT" and also basically summarizing a conversation I keep having with various friends. I get grief occasionally because "You're always dressed up..." or "Here comes Angie in her little outfit" which isn't necessarily true. What is true is that because of my work wardrobe I don't really have any real "dress down" clothes. Sure, I have several pair of jeans but those jeans are always worn with a "work blouse" and usually a jacket cause that's what I have. Not only just because that's what I have but also because as Meredith said--if we dress well, we feel better about ourselves and have more confidence, etc. etc. etc. For me it isn't so much about the possibility of "running into Mr. Right" (although anyone is lying if they don't admit that) but really more about the constant "running into Mr. Wrong" and the fact that I DO feel better about myself when I look nice--who doesn't? I don't have a single pair of sweats and can't imagine any situation where I would feel comfortable wearing them in public. I literally don't care what other people wear but yesterday for instance when I started baking cookies and discovered that I was out of brown sugar I did get dressed to go to the store. Not because of some crazy code but just because I feel better that way. I will say that if you are coming over to my house to watch TV and there's no chance of either of us getting any action then I will be wearing my work out clothes or my P.J.'s. It is my house after all!

Mostly, the moral of this story is that if you're comfortable in what you're wearing then GOOD FOR YOU but I'll probably skip the sweats when I leave the house because that's what makes me feel good.

Miss you Meredith and thanks for making me smile and thanks for the reminder about the stockings! I completely and totally agree.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Yep, I'm all about the casual attire. I figure that way everyone else feels good about themselves when they're around me at the store. ;)

merebuff said...

Aww Thanks Ang! I miss you too. I can't wait to be back in the states. I may have to plan a trip to UT to see you.

Angi Snyder said...

So does this count for me too, when I leave my house to come to your house for some hot Riggins action and I wear my sweats?
I think you look great all the time, btw!