Monday, January 11, 2010

There is NO WAY that She is Your Mother...

Okay, so let me start off by saying that I think it is FREAKING FANTASTIC that my mom is pretty and that she looks young but when a person such as myself who is definitely struggling with age issues (especially since turning 25 this last birthday) has nearly the same conversation TWICE in the same hour one starts to lose their cool. On Saturday while Shauna and I were spending the day together the following occurred:

#1 Girl Manicurist: are you guys friends?
Angie: No, she's my mom.
Girl Manicurist: There is no WAY she is YOUR mother.
Angie: Yup.
Girl Manicurist: Well, then you MUST be the oldest.
Angie: Deep sigh. Yup.

#2 Stupid Girl: You guys look alike.
Angie: Yup.
Stupid Girl: Are you like sisters?
Angie: No, she's my mom.
Stupid Girl: NO NO NO WAY is she YOUR mother!
Angie: Yeah.
Boy Manicurist: You just made that one lady's day and wrecked the other one's day.
Stupid Girl: Well, I didn't mean...that the other one is old but wow, that lady just looks too young to be HER mother!
Angie: shut up shut up shut up shut up...all in my head.

**And, I think my favorite part was when the manicurist slathered Love Spell all over my hands. I freaking hate Love Spell. It makes me sick to my stomach and I spent the next thirty minutes trying not to vomit because I couldn't wash my hands without messing up my polish.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Sometimes people just don't have a CLUE what they should and should not say, do they?! :S

Z said...

Love Spell is the junkie whore of the lotion world.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?